How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. A.S. Desai Your Own Question
Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 2434
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. A.S. Desai is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i got a slight scratch in my eye what should i do

This answer was rated:

i got a slight scratch in my eye what should i do

Welcome to Just Answer

How did the eye get scratched?

Is there any redness, watering, pain or sensitivity to light in that eye?

Since how long has the scratch been there?

Is it on the white part or the colored part of the eye?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my eye got scratched on the bottom right on the white while i was getting false lashes put on i think it was the cloth tape but on my bottom lashed that scratched my eye. there is redness on the bottom right on the white of my eye it hurts a little when i blink and it burned a lot when i put the drops in. I wear contacts.

Most of the superficial scratches on the white part of the eye heal very well and do not leave any scar as such. The first day or two would be a bit painful and there might be some amount of redness too. Visine eye drops will not be helpful in such cases. I would suggest that you start putting lubricating eye drops such over the counter preservative free Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day for a week. This should be more than enough to help the tissue to heal. The risk of entry of infection is very less but possible. You can start using the lubricating eye drops and look for additional eye symptoms such as increased redness, watering, discharge from the eye. In such an event you can consult an ophthalmologist for a closer look and start of antibiotic eye drops. If not only lubricating eye drops are enough. Avoid contact lenses for a week till the tissue heals completely.

Thank you and best wishes.

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and/or positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist
Dr. A.S. Desai and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you