Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor (non-eye specialty)
Experience:  Several years working experience as an emergency department physician .
11246089

For about 4 months I have been feeling a heaviness in my

Customer Question

For about 4 months I have been feeling a heaviness in my right eye/temple region. The eye twitches occasionally, and it seems to feel a little better when I don't have my contact in. There is no pain really, just this heavy/numb feeling. I had an eye exam 5 months ago and got a new rx, as my eyes had gotten slightly worse. The right eye also has an astigmatism, but the eye doctor said it wasn't bad enough to have special contacts. This heaviness is constant, except when I'm lying on my right side. I'm 28 years old, female, and I spend approximately 5 hours a day on the computer. Any suggestions?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 5 years ago.
You may be having myokymia. Myokymia, a form of involuntary muscular movement, usually can be visualized on the skin as vermicular or continuous rippling movements.

Since taking rest and other conservative measure have not been helpful, you would have to see an opthalmologist / eye specialist to get medicines (eye drops) to help yourself.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.

Please press the "green accept button" to accept this answer and give credit for my work.

Positive Feedback and bonus is warmly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The eye twitching is only rare, I don't think that is the main problem. My main concern is the constant heaviness that occurs from my eye to my temple. Would an eye strain last 4 months? Could the astigmatism be the cause? Should I be more concerned and have an MRI done?
You should get your eyes checked for this. The astigmatism combined with refractive errors could be a reason for the heaviness in that area.

An MRI of the eyes including the brain would definitely be a good way of investigating the possibilities.

I hope my answer is helpful to you.