How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11278
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds removal, resulting in constant leaking eyes, inflammed rims

Customer Question

I need to seek an expert on eye problems. As a result of an etropic repair in each eye, there was "over-compensation" of skin removal, resulting in constant leaking eyes, inflammed rims, and gradually loss of sight. I have been told by the performing surgeon that nothing can be done. I have, quite honestly been in pain and have also ended up with double vision in eye.

I have been told that during the operation I suffered a mini-stroke. I am extremely depressed because I am partly to blame for having the operation I was told I had "droopy lower lids " which could be remedied...instead my eyes are ugly, constantly red and sore, and worse, I have been told that nothing can be done.

I am looking for a SPECIALIST who would be prepared to see me, and to give me either hope or the final word. I need to know if there is a such a person, who oversees other specialist work....if so does that person have a special name.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Can you travel to the USA for treatment? And, if so, what is the closest Major US city to you and/or how far can you travel?

Dr. Rick :

Also, why did you decide to go with one of the two other specialists who said they could attempt to fix things a bit for you?

Dr. Rick :

sorry...that should have said "decide NOT to go with one of the....."

Dr. Rick :

My system shows that you are available to chat. Are you there?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)


If you can read this hit "reply" now........

Dr. Rick :

Our chat system seems to have frozen up. I am still here and available to help you using the Q&A system

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I'm here.....
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Oops! You hit the accept button too early. Let's "chat" back and forth here on the Q&A system and answer your question.

Did you see my posted requests for more information above?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am still here and awaiting your reply.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please Dr. R. I am having a problem trying to finish the questions you asked. Should I start again? I think I will have to give up on this. I am so disappointed....I just had hope that you could do something for me.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
No. don't give up on this question. I was able to read your response just fine so type another the same way and I will get it.

Do you want to see a surgeon in the USA? Did you see my questions posted above? If so, what is your response.

Hang in there....we will get you the information you desire :)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
There was a complete lack of connection with Dr. R. I tried many times, but was cut off after his first question. I failed to get any satisfactory response due to transmission.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Hi. Sorry about all the technical problems we have been having......shall we continue?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, Doctor, but I feel my long answers to your question may be the fault of being cut off. Do you want these kind of answers ?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
whatever you want to type will be fine. This system, the Q&A, is very stable and almost never has technical problems....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Let;s start again eh? You asked why I did not respond to the two other specialists The see the reply from either of them. Instead when I went back after these two consultations, he had passed me over to another specialist and would not see me again. That didn't bother me, because Dr,H (the operating doctor) just wasn't help;ing me and I though another doctor would be able to. Sorry, Dr. R. Iam having difficulty because of not seeing too well. The new doctror wasfrom Argentina and seemed to be fully conversant with the facts. But he did put me on various eye drops.ointments, but not no avail.

Dr. H (the operating doctor) arrange for several students to check me, I don't think they knew what to do. So what I am asking of you, Dr. Rick, is tell me if there is another person in your field who could oversee what is wrong with my eyes....I don't know here in Canada, if there is such a person. If there is does he/she have a title?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
As to weather the surgery can be corrected that all depends upon the shape that your eyelids, orbit, cornea etc are in at the moment.

This being said, I have known oculoplastic surgeons to do wonderful things with extremely damaged skin/tissue around the eyes and orbits.

I suggest you obtain complete copies of your medical records, including your operative notes and the results of any tests performed and seek out an oculoplastic surgeon.

If you can tell me where in Canada you are, and what major city is closest to you, I can try to obtain a name and contact information.

If you want to travel to the USA, let me know how far you are willing to go (Miami, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Dallas, etc) and I am sure I can find an excellent surgeon for you.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I see you have reviewed all my posts and are now offline.

I'm sorry about the technical problems we've had today. If you want to continue working on your question, just post here and we can resume our discussion.
Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I see you are back online. Shall we finish up on your question? Please, if you can, supply me with the additional data I requested.