Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I am an eye care professional, certified in both in Canada

Customer Question
I am an eye care...
I am an eye care professional, certified in both in Canada and in U.S. Currently, I have an issue with the local regulatory body in Canada, but the U.S. national regulatory body also wants to take action against me for the same issue, although I never practise in U.S. How could I best explain to the U.S. national regulatory body there are difference of laws and regulations between U.S. and Canada, and the matter happened in Canada may not be an issue in U.S. It is my understanding, certification given by a national body in U.S. is lasting a life time. Appreciative of your response
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
12/5/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The most important thing that you can do in this situation is to hire a US based attorney that has experience dealing with the regulatory body that is looking to discipline you.

Dr. Rick :

I am not sure what type of eye care professional you are, however as an ophthalmologist I can tell you that certification, say for instance being a certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology is time limited, needing to be renewed every decade. Also, the Board can remove your certification for cause at any time. While Board Certification used to be life-long, I do not know of any that are done that way anymore.

Dr. Rick :

If you can give me more specific information I would be happy to try and get you some contact information for lawyers who might be able to assist you.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
I have been certified by American Board of Ophthalmologist since 1991. Hence, I do not require to sit for the recertification exam. every ten years. I still have a valid medical license, practising in Canada. Appreciative if you will give me the names of attorney who are specializing in those matters
I'd be happy to help you. Are you being brought before a State Licensing board? If so, let me know which state as lawyers are usually State specific.
If not a State Board, what authority are you going before and what State is it in?
Th issues with the province licensing board ( College ) in Canada has been resolved. Now I have to deal with the American Board of Ophthalmology's oncoming meeting of taking discipline action against me although I have ben in good standing with ABO for all those years. Please help.
While the ABO is located in Pennsylvania if you contact this lawyer in Texas he will be able to help you himself or hook you up with another lawyer who can. This lawyer has decades of experience in dealing with physicians who have problems with their medical license and/or Board Certification. Here is his contact information:
Jeff McDonald, Esq. *****
Suite 200
Austin, Tx 78701 (###) ###-####
I wish you the best of luck at your hearing.
Please give me the e-mail address of Jeff McDonald, the lawyer you recommand, and shall be appreciative if you will give the name of other lawyer in Pennsylvania as the lawyer is needed to attend the discipline hearing.
here is a link to his webpage with his email address:
http://www.healthlicensedefense.com/JeffMcDonald.html
I, personally, do not know the name of a lawyer in Pa, but I can guarantee that Mr. McDonald will either be able to assist you or hook up up with a top-notch lawyer who will.
If you have a chance, drop me a note and let me know how things turn out.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD