Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

In 1960 I was 10 years old and told by a optomotrist that i

In 1960 I was 10 years old and told by a optomotrist that i had a minor ptosis in right eye only and not to rub the eyelid. I foolishy continued to rub my eye very hard. My eyelid began to droop worse but I never had it fixed-the problem was never serious. I am now 63 years old in excellent health but still have ptosis in right eye only. I have had MRI with negative results-no problems. Does this sound like it can be fixed with surgery. I think there is a nerve problem that contols the eye muscle.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 5 years ago.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Yes, this is a problem that can be fixed by surgery. This is most likely a slippage of the eyelid away from the muscle that moves the eyelid and not a nerve problem. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? It appears you are momentarily offline  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.  If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.