Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Can a man have sex a day after having surgery for retinal

Can a man have sex a day after having surgery for retinal detachment? If not, how many days should he wait?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
That is an excellent question and the answer depends upon what type of surgery you had for your detachment.
Do you know if you had a scleral buckle only? A vitrectomy? A gas/fluid exchange with gas left in the eye....?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On 4th November it was a gas filled one. As it had not completely rectified the detachment, oil fill was done on 29th November
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Ok. That is a fairly extensive surgery and you just had the oil fill, which should have flattened out your retina.
I am sure that you were examined by your surgeon today and, of course, given your very, very recent surgery she would be the best person to ask this question too.
That being said, you should be OK to have non-athletic type sex now. What do I mean by this? You on the bottom and her doing most of the work. The "stress" of organism should not be an issue.
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.