Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Dr Rick Since I last spoke with you I saw my retinal

Dr Rick Since I last spoke with you I saw my retinal surgeon, Ascan showed that the membrane on my retina is changing this is what happened to my lt eye when the retinal whole developed.I am leagally blind in that eye now even though I had the whole repaired.I di.It is not a true wholed not get the surgery until 1 year later I think this is why it was not successful.If I catch this new hole in my rt eye early can I prevent it fron getting worse It is not a true whole yet but it is a puker .The will not operate unless it becomes a whole.Have you heard of a whole occuring in the other eye .Is there any treatment at this point I seewaves and dips in my good eye and the middle af words are distorted. Pat
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

yes. It is entirely possible for the a hole to form in your eye that now has signs of macular pucker. Will it always happen? Of course not.

Dr. Rick :

As you noted the sooner you get treatment for a macular hole the better your chances for a positive outcome.

Dr. Rick :

There is no treatment for macular pucker at this point. However, should your vision drop to the 20/40 level or to the point where you can not see well enough to do the things you need to do, your retina surgeon can do a pars plana vitrectomy and a membrane peel.

Dr. Rick :

There, of course, are risks to this surgery.....one of them is the formation of a macular hole :(

Dr. Rick :

It does, however, sound like you are in good hands and that you are right on top of things. Just remember to check your amsler grid every day and have a low threshold for getting in touch with your eye doc for a complete exam.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline-- sorry to have missed you. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
If you have a chance drop me a note and let me know how things turn out. You can post to this thread or ask for me at the main screen at no additional charge.
It is always a pleasure to hear from you. :o)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the test you are refering to Is there an eye institute in the USA that can help me more than here in Canada they never mentioned the peel
Any retina surgeon would be able to do this surgery for you. If you wanted to come to the USA any major teaching hospital would have Retina Professors who do membrane peeling. If you could tell me what major US city is close to you I'd be happy to get you more specific information.