Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi I just got back from Puerto Vallarta Mexico & have had for

Hi I just got back from Puerto Vallarta Mexico & have had for 2 days very red eyes with greenish discharge. Eyes very sensitive to light and very puffy. Tried some allergy drops but no real change. Should I go to a walk in clinic?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you could use a good eye exam by an ophthalmologist to figure out what is going on and get on some appropriate treatment.

Dr. Rick :

A walk in clinic will be able to give you some antibiotic eye drops but they do not have the equipment or training to actually figure out what is causing your problem. If it is a run-of-the-mill bacteria going to a walk in clinic should be fine.

Customer:

that is what I needed to know, I will call the ophthalmologist first thing in the morning instead of the doctor or walk in clinic. thank you for your assistance

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. I hope feel better soon :)

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.