Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My vision blurred for 10 to 15 seconds while I was reading,

my vision blurred for 10 to 15 seconds while I was reading, no headache or other problems before, during, or after. I have been getting used to using contacts and reading glasses but didn't have either at the time. I am mildly nearsighted.
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
JACUSTOMER-aoe9cfqf- :

yes I am.

Doctor DanB : Have you had any significant eye pain, double vision or complete blacking out if the vision?
JACUSTOMER-aoe9cfqf- :

no, no problems at all.

JACUSTOMER-aoe9cfqf- :

I changed the way I was sitting and when I looked at the book it was blurred for about 10 to 15 seconds

Doctor DanB : These episodes of transient blurry vision are quite common, actually, and occur most often when we are doing a activities that require our eyes to be opened longer such as reading, watching television, or driving. They represent transient alterations in the tear film because the eyes are open longer at one time. They are quite normal, but if we they start to occur can be a sign of dry eyes syndrome.
JACUSTOMER-aoe9cfqf- :

My eyes do tend to feel dry. Thanks for your advise.

Doctor DanB : Yore welcome. Do you have any other questions about this?
JACUSTOMER-aoe9cfqf- :

No that's all.

Doctor DanB : Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.