Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Can a remaining stigmatism is my left eye be corrected after

Customer Question
having had cataract surgery? Can glasses...
Can a remaining stigmatism is my left eye be corrected after having had cataract surgery?
Can glasses correct diminished distance vision and the discomfort of mid-range vision with slight nausea which has occured since surgery? The left lense was adjusted for close-up vision and the right, dominant eye for distance vision? It has been two years since the surgery and I would like to know possible options for correcting these problems. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
10/18/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

there are a number of options for correcting your residual refractive errors for your monovision setup.

Dr. Rick :

Lasik could be done to treat any residual astigmatism, you could use contact lenses or glasses....

Dr. Rick :

The other option is to have the lens removed in your left eye (closeup) and set it for distance vision just like your other eye and then use glasses for near vision. This may get rid of your slight nausea....

Dr. Rick :

We have been having problems with our chat system today. I have not been able to see anything you may be typing. If I can't read your posts soon I will switch to the Q&A system and we can continue there....

Customer:

What would you suggest to your own patients? I will be seeing my opthamologist tomorrow and will ask him his suggestions

Dr. Rick :

It depends on how much discomfort you are having. Before even thinking about lens exchange I would try glasses, contacts or lasik......in that order.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Is there anything else I should be asking you?

Dr. Rick :

I think your issues can be solved with one of these treatments.

Customer:

You have been very helpful..I wish I had readhed your service earlier. Thank you.

Dr. Rick :

I don't think so. I believe most of your symptoms can be attributed to your monovision. If you have not been able to adjust to it by now I don't think you will.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD