How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11414
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Time for a neuro-ophthamologist? Have used recommended eye

Resolved Question:

Time for a neuro-ophthamologist?
Have used recommended eye drops 4X daily with no improvement of any kind. Ghost image has worsened and separated further from the primary image. Eye care docs still want to stick to a 'watch and wait' program of a 3-month eye exam (optomotrist) and 6-month follow-up with the ophthalmologist. There is a Ph.D., M.D. neuro-ophthalmologist in Denver who specializes in double vision problems. Should I have my records forwarded to him for a consult and possible appointment?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick : Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.
Dr. Rick :

I am online and available to help you with your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I've reviewed your prior chat with Dr. James and see that you are having monocular double vision in your left eye only (monocular). I also noted that you did not feel Dr. James time was valuable as you did not accept his answer.........

Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Let me know what you would like to do on this question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I only received a partial answer (couldn't view the whole reply) but accepted it to try and read the whole answer? Had to leave the computer at work for the day after waiting for a reply for a long while.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did accept Dr. James answer and was billed for it. Although I'm new to

this system, it seems a little quirky and heavy on the billing agenda....

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Well, monocular diplopia is not really something that a neuro-ophthalmologist works on since this type of vision problem would not be caused by a central (brain etc) issue but rather will, most likely, be localized to the eye itself.
I think the next person you should consult would be a pediatric ophthalmologist. The are experts on double vision in both adults and children.
This issue is, in my opinion, beyond the training and expertise of an optometrist. You should rely on ophthalmologists at this point for eye care.
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.