Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have woken up with blurred vision in my left eye. It is

Customer Question
more like having dirty glasses...
I have woken up with blurred vision in my left eye. It is more like having dirty glasses on rather than blurred. I have no other symptoms of anything. If it was a mini stroke would there be other symtoms?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
10/13/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Do you wear glasses?

Dr. James :

Do you wear contact lenses?

Dr. James :

Any pain?

Dr. James :

Is all of the vision in the left eye blurred or only part of the vision in the left eye?

Customer:

Glasses for reading only.

Dr. James :

Pain?

Customer:

No contacts. No pain. All vision

Dr. James :

It is possible that you have had a blockage of the blood vessel to the retina. This is called a central retinal artery occlusion. I'd recommend you see an ophthalmologist promptly.

Dr. James :

There are other things which can cause blurry vision such as corneal swelling or dry eyes, but you will need an exam to determine this.

Dr. James :

A central retinal artery occlusion would have no pain associated with it.

Customer:

It is a Friday can it wait till Monday. My blood pressure is normally good, is a stroke a possibility

Dr. James :

Are there eye doctors still open?

Customer:

Yes but not easy to get into

Dr. James :

I would recommend you call them and state that you have loss vision suddenly in that eye. They should be able to accommodate you.

Customer:

I will, what about the stroke question?

Dr. James :

A CRAO can be described as an "eye stroke" but it is not the same as a stroke of the brain.

Dr. James :

If you develop headache, slurred speech, dizziness, these may be signs of a brain stroke.

Dr. James :

if this is the case, you should be seen in the emergency room.

Dr. James :

Do you have any other questions?

Dr. James :

Hello?

Customer:

No thank you

Dr. James :

You're welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can get credit for assisting you today.

Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James