Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I was prescribed glasses for the first time in my life. i

Customer Question
i was prescribed glasses for...
i was prescribed glasses for the first time in my life. i chose what i believed to be the best, ***** ***** they are progressive lens. i have had these for 4 months, i still cant get use to them. i get dizzy, headaches , my eyes dont seem to adjust fast enough and get blurry. i mention i have had a stroke, and also have diabetes. are these the best type lenses for me to have or the regular bi focals.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
10/8/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

"Best" when it comes to the different types of glasses is really a relative term. While it is true that modern "no line" or Progressive bifocals strive you give you clear vision a many different distances (focal lengths) they, as you have discovered, don't work for everyone.

Dr. Rick :

With your history of stroke and diabetes as well as the fact that you are still having dizziness and headaches after 4 months probably means that these type of glasses will not work for you.

Dr. Rick :

I agree with you. I think you will do best with everyday bifocals or, perhaps, even trifocals.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the YES button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD