Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I fell and my face slammed onto the cupboard. My might have

Customer Question
I fell and my face...
I fell and my face slammed onto the cupboard. My might have hit the nob, It immedately swelled and turned purple The whit had brst blood vessels. I am having more pain today than on Friday. Is this normal/
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
10/5/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : This increase in swelling and increase in mild discomfort are not uncommon the day after the trauma is nor uncommon. If the pain is in the eye, if it is significant pain, and/or if it is accompanied by significant vision changes then thus represents something that should be evaluated by your eye doctor. I would recommend, for now, to use ice packs or cold compresses to help with the swelling and bruising, 30 minutes of every hour for the next day.
Doctor DanB : I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need. Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however—we can continue to discuss any of your concerns regarding this topic without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns! My opinion is solely for informative purposes and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer:

I have severe peripheral neuropothy, which is part of my falling problem. I fall asleep in my wheelchair and nod off and fall forhead. I am on a waiting list for a nursing home. I am getting though day by day. I just get nervous on the weekends. M y home health aide Tuesday, Wednesday , Thursday.My Church heals me to . Thank you for your help.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed?
Doctor DanB : If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.
Customer:

No. I was just having a little more pain this evening and wanted someones opinion. Thank you.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Good luck to you. I hope you feel better soon.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.