Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Eyes are get ichy very red and thay hert

eyes are get...
eyes are get ichy very red and thay hert
10/5/2011
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : Is it the eyeball itself or just the eyelids that itch?
Doctor DanB :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes body hair eyes very red in the morning

Doctor DanB : This itching of the eyeballs is called allergic conjunctivitis and it can be quite maddening, but there are some steps you can take to begin to rid yourself of its symptoms. First of all, it is important to control the body's overall response to allergens and this would include taking an oral antihistamine such as claritin or zyrtec which you can buy over-the-counter. Secondly, an allergy eye drop is esssential to start; a couple of over-the-counter brand names include Alaway or Zaditor and they both work fairly well.  If you try these and it helps but is not quite enough, then you may do better with a prescription allergy drop called Pataday which works very well.  Lastly, cold compresses done several times/day can and will help the itching sensation and suppress the inflammation. The itching should start to respond to this quickly. 
Doctor DanB : Does that make sense? Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed?
Customer:

what abaut the body hair ich

Doctor DanB : Using a medicine like Claritin, Zyrtec or Allegra ( can buy these over the counter at your local drug store) should also help the body hair itch as well. If even that isn't enough then you may need to see your doctor for something prescription strength. Does that make sense?
Customer:

i dot thing that is righ ich very where but more wereyd abaut eyes

Doctor DanB :

If your eyes are itching as well as the rest of your body, then by far the most likely problem is allergies and one of those three medicines should help both the body itching and the eye itching, but you are probably going to need to get an allergy drop like Alaway or Zaditor from the drug store as well to help with the eye itching. There is virtually nothing else that causes both eye itching and body itching other than allergies. If this body itching is something other than allergies, then you will need to see a doctor for an exam. Because I can't examine you, all I can tell you is what I think is most likely based on your symptoms. Does that make sense?

Doctor DanB : It appears you are momentarily offline  I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.  If not, Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer:

yes

Customer:

have more body ich hair to

Doctor DanB : What is your question about the body hair itch? Did you see my last response about that?
Customer:

yes i think it is the same ichy suff on body and hair

Doctor DanB : Do you have any redness and scaling on the body? Where on your body is the itching?
Customer:

eyes are very red

Customer:

every where

Customer:

lice or scabeys dot no

Doctor DanB : If this is lice or scabies you're going to have to get prescription shampoo from your doctor to get it cleared up. There's virtually no way I can tell whether it is one of those without seeing your skin.
Customer:

eyelashes

Customer:

can it hurt the my eyes

Doctor DanB : If it is just the eyelashes then it could be lice, but again you would need to see your doctor to get the necessary treatment
Customer:

ok thank you

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for trusting me to help you with your concerns! My opinion is solely for informative purposes and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.