How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11420
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

After 4 years of treatment & examinations for TASS ,my dr.

Resolved Question:

after 4 years of treatment & examinations for TASS ,my dr. says my vision is at 20/25 & is as good as it will ever be. is he right or is there some where l can get another oplnlon ? my treatment, as i recall went like this : cortisone eye drops every 1 hr.,for 2 weeks,then twice per day for 2 weeks, then once per day for 4 weeks. after this i did not take anymore eye drops , that i recall. around this point , there was some suggestion about a corenia transplant , however my dr. wanted to see if the eye would improve on it's own . l have being going for regular office visits every 3 months , but nothing changes. i have mentioned to hin several times that my vision is foggy for the first 4 hrs.+/- in the mornings but he seems to think that will stop after the eye gets better. should i accept my eye is as good as it gets , look for another dr. or look for a good lawer.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The best person to consult for a second opinion would be a corneal specialist.

Dr. Rick :

If you could tell me where in Canada you live and how far you would be able to travel I would be happy to see if I can find somewhere/someone you can call to make an appointment for a second opinion.

Dr. Rick :

And I didn't think that you could sue for malpractice in Canada.......

JACUSTOMER-7ee5zf0f- :

i live maple ridge b c a sub burb of vancouver b.c. canada

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Let me check.

Dr. Rick :

I think you will get excellent care at the Medical school, Univ. of British Columbia, Dept. of Ophthalmology

Dr. Rick :

Faculty of Medicine
The University of British Columbia
317 - 2194 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3

Dr. Rick :

I can't seem to locate their phone number but a Professor of Ophthalmology, who is also an expert in Cornea and External diseases would be the best person for you to see.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

It looks like you have stepped away from your computer. I'll switch to Q&A so we can continue there if necessary.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss on this topic or if you would like more information.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
dr rick,you said you could find someone,somewhere,close to where i live,that i could call for a 2nd. opinion,however, all you have done is give me the name of the univ. @ u.b.c. ophthalomgy dept. this i gould have done myself.pls. zero in on a contact name or person,so l can avoid a runaround. thanks
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. M. McCarthy is a cornea specialist and Division Head of the Cornea/External Disease Dept. at the university. He is extremely well respected in his field.
You can contact Dr. McCarthy at***** Vancouver, BC V5Z 3N9;(###) ###-####for an appointment.
Here is a link to the Department webpage for your information:
I wish you the best of luck. Let me know how things turn out.
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.


Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
I would love to but I am a US Based ophthalmologist and can't refer patients within the Canadian health system.
You will have to ask your GP or your primary care MD to refer you....sorry about that :(
Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you