Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

The latest. I am developing cataracts. Doe that make me a

the latest. I am developing cataracts. Doe that make me a better candidate for lens rwplacement?
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

If your cataract has progressed to the point where you can no longer see well enough, with your best glasses Rx in place, to do the things you want to do then, yes, you are a good candidate for lens replacement.

Dr. Rick :

Your previous history or RK surgery, however, may make the selection of the correct power intraocular lens to implant into your eye more difficult. If you have access to your eye records from the days before your RK surgery and for the days after your RK that information would be very helpful in this regard.

Dr. Rick :

Here is an excellent article on the types of intraocular lenses that are used in modern cataract surgery:

Dr. Rick :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intraocular_lens

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you. i mean this depressing. I DON/T MIND GLASSES BUT EVRYTHING IS so blurry. i would l0ve to see the crisp lines of life again i am sad, but apprec
My pleasure. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.