Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Dr I was shot in my left eye, the vision in that eye is very

Dr I was shot in my left eye, the vision in that eye is very blur but the right one is ok though I wear glasses but my worry is that the eye that was shot is hollow its like down in the socket, can that be fixed?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Depending on the amount of bone/tissue loss from the gunshot it should be possible to reconstruct your orbit and add volume so that your eye is in a more natural position.

Dr. Rick :

It would most likely be best if a team approach is taken to your problem utilizing the surgical expertise of an oculoplastic surgeon, ophthalmologist and, possibly an ENT doctor.

Dr. Rick :

The best place to go for this type of procedure would be a large University Teaching hospital where a team such as this can be more easily arranged.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

If you could tell me what area you live in I would be happy to recommend a University Department near you.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.