Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

what type of eye pain is a symptom of fibromyalgia

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Ocular pain is not common in fibromyalgia.

Customer:

sometimes i have pain behind the eyes on waking after previously working the night before from 4 to 9 and not eating dinner a my normal time just having something when I arrive home at about 10 I then go to sleep at about 12. The previous day I would have had lunch at 12 noon and not had much to drink could this be dehydration.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I see that you hit the accept button kinda early. I am still here and available to continue our discussion at no additional charge.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what treatment is suggested
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what treatment is suggested.Having trouble with this communication will have to end.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Fibromyalgia, as I stated above, doesn't generally affect the eyes themselves but, rather, it can cause dryness of all the mucus membranes, including the eyes.

A good treatment for this is the frequent use of tear replacement drops. There are many brand names such as refresh tears, bion tears, tears naturale etc. The least expensive are the best :)

I suggest using them at least 4x/day but you and use them as much as you feel is needed without any adverse effects.