Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Dr. Rick :I have red spot on the tip of my nose and had a

Customer Question
Dr. Rick this is Yolande:I...
Dr. Rick this is Yolande:I have red spot on the tip of my nose and had a blister in my left nastral few months ago that why I'm so worry about herpes of the eyes. This condition got worse when I had a colonoscopy and the anestiologist put oxygen in my nose did not use a mask. I feel so contious about the red spot on my nose that I feel people are looking and can tell that I have herpes (genital)I srcub my heads all the time and even use free latex gloves when I cook, and go to the bathroom I go thru so many latex free gloves not to spread this.My husband and I have not had sexual relations for so long I feel that he is afread to hurt me and do not know what to use to not spread this to his eyes.You are great and thank you so much but the last ophtomalogyst tried everything for my eyes
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
9/1/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Many things can cause a red spot and a blister on your nose, not just herpes. The cannula that was used during your procedure would have been a sterile, single use item so there is no risk of cross infection there.

Dr. Rick :

If you want to use the gloves that is fine, but as you may already know, just because you have genital herpes doesn't mean that you are able to infect everyone you come close to, that you cook for or that you have normal social interactions.

Dr. Rick :

Also, as we discussed on the last thread the herpes virus that usually infects the eye is a completely different strain then the one that people tend to get in their genital area.

Dr. Rick :

Rosacea can cause red spots on your nose and, sometimes, small blisters. If you haven't already showed this to your dermatologist I'd point it out to her on your next visit.

Dr. Rick :

Like we discussed about your sisters who are suffering from cancer, you do not have to worry that this ocular condition will spread to your husband.

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any questions about this?

Customer:

yes, what can we use so when we have sexual relations we can be more confortable. I have read so much on the internet about this spreading during intercorse to the partner on his nose and eyes. We are both lost and we have been maried for 37 years. Should I be afraid that we should not have intercorse?

Dr. Rick :

As an eye doctor, I must confess, I'm not asked this question very often :o) however condom use should prevent cross infection. You can also take meds to suppress virus shedding.......this is a great issue to bring up during your next OB/GYN appointment.

Dr. Rick :

Here is a good web page that talks about this issue:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.webmd.com/genital-herpes/guide/genital-herpes-sex-life

Dr. Rick :

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Have a good day and, remember, I'm here to help if you should need me.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD