Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

My upper eyelid is swollen and it kinda hurts a little pain

My upper eyelid is swollen and it kinda hurts a little pain tolerance is about a 4
Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Is it red and if so is it associated with a bump or more focused area of swelling?
Doctor DanB : Is it the entire lid or just the inner or outer portions or maybe just toward the margin of the lid? Any itching or fevers associated with it?
Customer:

no not red ,,,,, and it just notice about a couple of hours ago .... just the upper eyelid towards the front

Doctor DanB : Is the swelling boggy as if there might be fluid in it or is it more firm swelling?
Customer:

yeah it feels and looks like there is fluid ,,,, I did just get a new pair of safety glasses for work they are the ones that one skin tight to the face

Doctor DanB : So it doesn't itch, though? Any flaking on the skin?
Customer:

no

Customer:

pain tolerance is about 4

Doctor DanB : Do you get seasonal allergies?
Customer:

not that i know of .... BUT I have been in minnesota for a week ... for work and i normally live in oregon

Doctor DanB : Okay, well it sounds like, from everything you are telling me that there doesn't appear to be an infectious component to this. It sounds like your new safety glasses may be causing this accumulation. I would continue to use cool compresses on this and that will help the fluid to resolve.
Customer:

ok thanks ... i will keep trying that

Doctor DanB : You're welcome Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed?
Customer:

should i take like some pills to help with the swelling ?

Doctor DanB : I don't necessarily think any pill would help but if you wanted to try one then an allergy pill like Claritin or Zyrtec mast be reasonable to try.
Doctor DanB : I meant to say "may be reasonable"
Customer:

that is ok i dont like pills :) anyway

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed?
Customer:

no ... hopefully it will go down and get better thanks for listening

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied. Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry! My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer:

ok :)