Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am 53 years old suffering from chronic eye allergy for

I am 53 years old suffering from chronic eye allergy for last 15 years as a result of which I have also devloped severe muscle weakness in the eyes according to my ophthlmologist.
Because of this I develop a terrible eye strain even if i sit on the computer for 15 -20 minutes.He has recommended regular muscle coordination eye excercises at a clinic which keeps this equipment.
Can you please advise me as what is this equipment called and where I can it.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

As an ophthalmologist I don't do the eye exercises and really don't know much about what equipment is used. I am also very skeptical about the explanation you have been given that your chronic eye allergies has caused your eye muscles to become "weak" and that exercises are somehow gonna take care of this.

Dr. Rick :

There are a lot of, for lack of a better word, crooks willing to sell you "snake oil" eye exercises. Now understand, I am not trying to tell you that there are not legitimate reasons for using eye exercises but for every 100 recommendations maybe 5 actually need such therapy. The rest of the people are just being ripped off.

Dr. Rick :

So. Where can you go first, to make sure your eye muscles are weak and, second, get rock solid advice on treatment options which, might, include the option of eye exercises should this be indicated?

Dr. Rick :

A major University Hospital teaching program. They are located all around the United States and the World. I don't know where you live, but in the East there is Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, in the South Bascom Palmer in Miami, in the North Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and in the West, USCF in San Francisco.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.