Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

If you have laser surgery for ACUTE NARROW CLOSED ANGLE

GLAUCOMA, when is...
If you have laser surgery for ACUTE NARROW CLOSED ANGLE GLAUCOMA, when is is safe to to mhave a commercial flight?
8/20/2011
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. She will have no problems flying tomorrow. There is no danger to her eye from the pressure changes inside the plane because she has had an episode of acute angle closure glaucoma that has been treated by a laser peripheral iridotomy.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. My system shows that you have entered the chat room. Did you see my post above?

Customer:

How soon should a follow up visit be?

Dr. Rick :

I would have her follow up with her ophthalmologist at home this week. She may be started on a steroid drop (pred forte 1%) by the treating physician and, if thing look good her eye doc may want to take her off of it.

Customer:

Is ther anything else I should know?

Dr. Rick :

She will have to have her angles checked and her eye pressure taken by her ophthalmologist (not an optometrist) within the next 7 days or so, but other then that there are no restrictions as to activity, travel or diet.

Customer:

Thanks.

Dr. Rick :

I am glad she was able to get care so quickly.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD