Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I just saw an advertisememt for "gentle eye molding". Is it

Customer Question
safe? I am 60 years...
I just saw an advertisememt for "gentle eye molding". Is it safe? I am 60 years old and am pretty much blind in the left eye (been that way since birth) and I now need glasses to read and have a little blurriness in distances too.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
8/19/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That means, usually, that they use hard contact lenses to "warp" your cornea so you can, briefly, see better while your eyeball slowly tries to undo the warping (read, in my mind, damage) the contact lens has done.

Dr. Rick :

I, personally and professionally, feel that you should stay a long, long way away from this sort of thing.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I see you have entered the chat room. Can you see my above posts?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

Yes, it makes sense, but it says "gentle eye molding

Dr. Rick :

Ya. And all advertisements tell the truth, right? :)

Customer:

OK, thanks

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD