Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Can colored eyes turn blue as an adult?

Customer Question
Can hazel colored eyes turn...
Can hazel colored eyes turn blue as an adult?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/11/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

hazel eyes are one of those colors that kinda flip flop back and forth depending on the light, what you are wearing and who knows what else......

Dr. Rick :

That being said, eye color can change over time, especially in Caucasian people who have hazel eyes? Why does this happen? It has not, to my knowledge, really been studied but it is thought to be due to the loss over time of the cells that contain the pigment that gives your iris its color (melanocytes).

Dr. Rick :

Iris color can also change due to trauma, inflammation, infection and disease.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD