Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

eyes..laser no sstitch cataract surgery to keep from w earing glasses

if you have had one laser implant (both eyes) years ago and a followup "tweak" a year later-can you have another laser no sstitch cataract surgery to keep from w earing glasses again??

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

good

Dr. Rick :

Hi. After you have had cataract surgery with an artificial lens placed in your eye it is not possible to have repeat surgery to tweak it....

Dr. Rick :

Of course, if something had gone wrong with the lens implant you could have surgery to remove that implant and, hopefully put in a new one. Is the risk of this complicated eye surgery worth it just to not have to wear glasses? In my opinion....no.

Dr. Rick :

You could, I suppose, have LASIK surgery however, lasik is really designed for eyes that have never had surgery before and it is very risky to do this procedure with an artificial lens in your ye.

Dr. Rick :

eye.

Customer:

is there anything else I can do without wearing glasses all the time?

Dr. Rick :

It is fairly common to need glasses again sometime after successful cataract surgery....I wish I had better news for you.

Dr. Rick :

It will not hurt your eyes to not wear your glasses all the time.....

Dr. Rick :

There are options, such as then ones I pointed out above. You could also wear contacts

Dr. Rick :

but this really doesn't give you what you would like: Perfect vision at near and far without the use of visual aids......even LASIK won't give you that.

Customer:

thanks-It is just that I had to wear glasses or nor see until I had this Lasik surgery--Oh, well-Thanks for the info-Judi

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.