How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick Your Own Question
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Category: Eye
Satisfied Customers: 11310
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Type Your Eye Question Here...
Dr. Rick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Been advised, i have beginings of cataracts, aged 71, maybe

Resolved Question:

been advised, i have beginings of cataracts, aged 71, maybe not suitable for laser eye surgery. icls suggested, cannot afford. is there any london/essex eye hospital that do student teaching, and use the public as free patients.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I am not sure how things are done in the UK, but in the USA young eye doctors in training do cataract surgery, under the direct supervision of Professors, on a variety of patients. These patients, or their insurance company, are required to pay for the surgery. I would think it is the same in the UK

Dr. Rick :

However, if any eye hospital did free eye surgery I am sure that Moorfield's in London would know about it. I suggest you give them a call. Here is a link to their site:

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick and other Eye Specialists are ready to help you