Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have had small red spots under both my eyes for about 4

Customer Question
Hello, I have had small...
Hello, I have had small red spots under both my eyes for about 4 months now. I am 34 years old and I do have puffy and quite wrinkled eyes. Nothing in my normal routine has change to cause this. Any ideas
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/23/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

What is your skin tone? Do you have any discomfort with these bumps?

Dr. Rick :

Have they changed since you first noticed them?

Dr. Rick :

What medicines do you take and what medical issues do you have?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

My skin is Ok, discomfort with them, and no meds

Dr. Rick :

ok

Customer:

no discomfort that is

Dr. Rick :

Well, there are a number of issues that can cause small red bumps to form under the eyelids.

Dr. Rick :

The most common is styes....but from what you are saying, I don't think that is what you have.

Customer:

no its they are no styes. t

Dr. Rick :

Other conditions, such as keratosis pilaris (plugged up little glands in your skin), acne rosacea, dermatitis, pimples (usually in oily skinned folks) and allergies, possibly to makeup, can all cause little red bumps.

Customer:

yes, its unusual they have appeared out of no where

Customer:

any ideas how to get rid of them?

Dr. Rick :

The treatment depends on the cause of your little bumps. You could try warm compresses and mild, OTC, steroid cream such as 1% hydrocortizone cream

Customer:

ok

Dr. Rick :

If it is rosacea you may need some oral antibiotics (doxycyclene) or maybe some type of mild skin peel. I would try some simple home treatments and, if it doesn

Dr. Rick :

't get better pop in to see your GP.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

ok thanks

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD