Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

What can cause vision bluriness, headaches, frequent falls,

occassional nausea, loss of appetite?...
What can cause vision bluriness, headaches, frequent falls, occassional nausea, loss of appetite?
6/23/2011
Internist
Internist, Doctor
Hello there,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms,

Since when you have these symptoms?
You ever had imaging studies of the brain?
You feel weakness in any part of the brain?Ever had a stroke?

Thanks
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. I am an ophthalmologist and can help you with this eye related question if you would like.
Please let me know if you are still interested in working on your question.
What else do you need to know before you can answer my question?
Does the blurriness occur at the same time as the other symptoms, or on it's own? Are both eyes affected at the same time? Any eye pain?
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Blurriness is constant in both eyes, there is some burning with discharge frequently, the headache is usually present and then there is the frequent falls, 18 in one year.

with the associated symptoms my first thought would be a vascular problem, although SLE could also be causing your issues.
I think you should have a complete exam by an neurologist. Also, an optometrist doesn't have enough training to evaluate you for any associated eye findings. For this you should be seen by an ophthalmologist.
Does this make sense to you?
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Dr Rick, Thank you for assisting me with an answer to my question. I now know which direction to start in. I appreciate your help, and accept the answer now you may collect. Sincerely, ***** *****

My pleasure.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD