Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

My pupils are ok around the eye top and bottom always very

Hello my pupils are ok around the eye top and bottom always very red is this anything to worry about Thank you Karen.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. James replied 6 years ago.
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

What exactly is red?

Dr. James :

The whites of the eyes?

Customer:

The lids top and bottom

Dr. James :

Of one eye or both eyes?

Customer:

Both

Dr. James :

You may have dry eyes and blepharitis which is inflammation of the eyelids.

I recommend using over the counter artificial tears 4-6 times a day. I also recommend starting on warm compresses of your eyelids. This will help soften the plugged oil glands of your eyelids. After the warm compresses, you can use dilute baby shampoo in warm water, scrub the bases of your eyelashes with the pads of your fingers twice a day.

At night, you can use an eye ointment to prevent it from drying out, also available over the counter. If the swelling is persistent despite this treatment or worsening, I recommend you visit with an optometrist or ophthalmologist for evaluation.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you.

Dr. James :

Do you have any other questions?

Customer:

No thank you