Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Six year back, my left eye got damage and i did 5 suregery

Customer Question
hello DR. six year back, my...
hello DR.
six year back, my left eye got damage and i did 5 suregery and now i have 40 % vision and my corena lens is badly damage, and squint. kindly suggest me how can my eye look normal
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
6/7/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 6 years ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
DocPhil213 :

Hello. My goal is to help you find an answer!

DocPhil213 :

have you seen an ophthalmologist?

JACUSTOMER-nvy09l8b- :

hello dr

JACUSTOMER-nvy09l8b- :

can you able to tell me in simple words

JACUSTOMER-nvy09l8b- :

Dr. phil, are you there

JACUSTOMER-nvy09l8b- :

i did not got my reply \

DocPhil213 :

yes, I asked if you saw an eye doctor.

Customer:

yes, i saw an eye doctor in india and for last 6 year i was going for check up

DocPhil213 :

okay. what did he suggest?

Customer:

in my second last check up doc have give me cornea lens (left eye) with power of 10 and with help of that i can able to see only big thing.

Customer:

len was give me on 2009 and he told me to where for one year to see how much my vision can be improve

DocPhil213 :

Have they suggested possibly doing surgery and replacing the lens?

Customer:

let me give you more brief about my case

Customer:

can i have your email id so you can able to read my case

Customer:

i'm unable attach the documents

DocPhil213 :

I think I will redirect you to the eye category so an eye doc can help.

Customer:

doc phil, on may 2005 i was playing cricket with my eye glasses in which my left eye got damage and i lost my vision and having 5 surgery in 6 six year and my eye got squint. Now i'm wearing cornea lnes which we can get only from hospital.

Customer:

after all doing surgery doc saying that squint can be cure but after 6 or 7 month it will become same (squint)

Customer:

my eye is always in red and both eye look different and i'm wearing shade galsses to hide my eye. i like to know is there any way that my eye can look normal. if i don't get vision is fine for me but i want my eye look normal. kindly assist me on this

Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. I am an ophthalmologist and have reviewed what you and DocPhil213 have been reviewing.
DocPhil213 referred you here to work on your question some more.
Would you like to speak to an eye expert about your issue? I can help you if you so desire.

hello Dr. Rick

my left eye lens colour has become white and grey colour and always my cornea area are alway

hello Dr. Rick

my left eye lens colour has become white and grey and always my cornea area are always in red, both the eye look so different. i'm wearing powerfull lens almost 10 number which i can see only big thing and we can get only from hospital, and as per doc information my eye will remain same.

what i really want is my eye look normal even i loss my vision. so what you can suggest me

Thanks for that extra information.
Let me explain what the doctor means when she says that she can do squint surgery but that after 6 months or so your squint will return.
Since you have such poor vision in your affected eye there is no stimulus for your brain to keep both eyes pointing in the same direction. In other words, your brain doesn't care where your, mostly blind, eye is pointing since it can't see well enough out it anyway.
Sure, the muscles can be moved to get your eyes to point in the same direction, but without the long-term help of your brain holding the eyes in position they will just drift apart again.
So. How can you look normal? The most aggressive thing to do, if you are blind in that eye (and I don't think you are...just really bad vision, correct?) is to remove the eye and get an artificial eye.
You could also get a cosmetic contact lens that fits on your globe and makes your eye look like it is pointing straight ahead when it is not.
Take home message? Your problem really is a tough nut to crack and has no easy solution. Sorry about that :(
The best place to go for a solution to your problem would be a University Teaching Hospital where a large group of super-sub specialists can all get together and approach your problem from a lot of different angles at once.
And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.
Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Dr. Rick

thanks for your reply

2 weeks back i had a check up with my doc and they have advice me to do tatooing of cornea should i do that and do you know any doc or hospital in dubai which they can do cosmetic len surgery.

That is not a bad choice as long as you understand it can not be reversed.
I'm sorry, but corneal tattooing is a very specialized procedure and I don't know anyone in your area who would do that type of work. Your best bet for finding someone is to ask local ophthalmologists if they know anyone, ask the local ophthalmological society for a referral or check local internet listings.
Best of luck to you. Let me know how things turn out.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD