Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have been told that there is a cyst in one of my eye's and

Customer Question
laser treatment is the cure...
I have been told that there is a cyst in one of my eye's and laser treatment is the cure . Would you agree with this or is it best left alone ?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/6/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Can you tell me a little bit more about this cyst?

Dr. Rick :

Where is it located on/in your eye?

Dr. Rick :

How long has it been present?

Dr. Rick :

Has it changed since it was first noticed?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any pain associated with it?

Dr. Rick :

Is your vision in anyway affected by the cyst or is it causing any damage to any structures of your eye (cornea,lens, retina etc)?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline.....

Dr. Rick :

Have you been evaluated by an ophthalmologist? A sub specialist (retina, cornea etc)? or just an optometrist?

I look forward to your response to my (many :) questions above and helping you with your issue. Talk to you soon.
I see that you are online.....do you have time to go over your question now?
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD

Dr Rick

The cyst was found in the eye (retina)

It was detected in March after my yearly check (diabetic)

A scan was done by an Opthalmic Surgeon but not clear as to the treatment

I have no answers to your other questions

Have been told that Retinopathy was mentioned

Have asked a question

Recieved more questions

Recieved e-mails but no answers

What do I do next

Hi. Those are very good questions :)
You paid me early, ;) but, never fear, I will be right back to answer your question and provide sage advice......but it is now lunch time and I've worked way too hard and way too long to get this fat to risk the possibility of loosing weight =)
There are many things in the retina that can be called a "cyst"
Do you remember anyone saying "retinoschesis"? Do you know where in your retina the cyst is located? Macula? Periphery?
I am a retina specialist and (at least I think I....) know all about retinal cysts and issues.....
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD