Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Should your eyes hurt and you have blurry vision after a normal

Should your eyes hurt and you have blurry vision after a normal eye examination?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

Good, glad to meet you.

Customer:

I want to know if you would have blurry vision and not see well after a normal yearly eye examain?

Customer:

I have had many eye examinations and I have never had problems after except when they dialate my eyes but if I wear sun glasses that is not a problem either.

Dr. Rick :

You are correct. Sometimes after your eyes are dilated you vision can be blurry for a little bit. If your eyes were not dilated on this last exam then it is possible that the numbing drop used when your eye pressure is checked could have irritated your cornea.

Dr. Rick :

In this case I suggest you use some natural tears 4 to 6x/day. If your eyes are still bothering you later this week I'd go back in to the ophthalmologist and have her take a peek at you again.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.