Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

After seeing a 3d movie my right eye hurts to open or keep

closed when i sleep....
after seeing a 3d movie my right eye hurts to open or keep closed when i sleep.
5/9/2011
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Is your eye red or having any discharge or is it just tearing a lot?

Customer:

hold on let me look

Dr. Rick :

ok

Dr. Rick :

Do you wear contacts?

Customer:

kinda red but it doesnt have any discharge

Customer:

no

Customer:

see it didnt hurt after the movie but I woke up in the middle of the night with it hurting

Customer:

and it still hurts when i got up today

Customer:

I did have surgury on my eyes when i was younger

Dr. Rick :

You most likely got a small scratch on your cornea. This can wake you up when you start dreaming and your eyes go back and forth in REM sleep.

Dr. Rick :

The good news? It should be better in 24 hours.

Dr. Rick :

I would use some natural tears to soothe your eye and try to keep it closed as much as possible. This will help the skin to regrow over your cornea. You should not have any residual damage or vision loss from this.

Customer:

sweet is there anything i can take for it cause it hurts and i feel like vomiting

Dr. Rick :

I always KNEW those 3D movies were dangerous lol!

Dr. Rick :

just tylenol etc.

Customer:

yea i didnt want to go watch 3d lol but my nephews just had to see thor XD

Customer:

ok cool

Dr. Rick :

Go back to the mirror. Look closely at both eyes and see if your pupils (the dark hole in the middle) are the same size

Dr. Rick :

I plan to see that too.....was it good?

Customer:

o it was awesome just wish i didnt have to see it in 3d

Dr. Rick :

I know. I really don't like the 3D stuff that much

Customer:

i think my right eye is bigger but i cant really tell but it does look a bit bigger

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Well, since you mentioned vomiting I have a new concern......

Customer:

my pupils i mean

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that you are having a glaucoma attack. I understood :o)

Customer:

yea like i seriously feel myself vomiting in the next few here I can feel it but i hope i dont im trying to drink water

Customer:

glaucoma?

Customer:

whats that

Dr. Rick :

With nausea, pain that wakes you up, and a (possibly) larger pupil on that side should be seen by an ophthalmologist ASAP.

Dr. Rick :

That is when the pressure inside your eye gets so high that it damages your optic nerve. Your type would be angle closure glaucoma attack. Left untreated in can destroy the nerve. No nerve. No vision.

Dr. Rick :

So, your plans for today have changed. Get in to see and ophthalmologist right now.

Customer:

O,o

Customer:

rgr that

Dr. Rick :

I'm glad you mentioned the nausea :o)

Customer:

me to

Dr. Rick :

It might be nothing but you are too young to risk running on one eye for the rest of your life.

Customer:

im kinda attached to my vision XD

Customer:

I really like the ability to see

Customer:

lol well thanks so much man

Dr. Rick :

lol! Even if the 3D movies are not as much fun as the studios would like us to believe so we can pay more.

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure. Let me know what you find out, OK?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

You can post back to this thread for no additional charge.

Customer:

sure thing

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Get on the phone and get going......

Customer:

rgr how do i give you feed back XD lol

Dr. Rick :

after you press the pretty green button, that is ;o)

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
What did the ophthalmologist you went to this morning say about your right eye?
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD