Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

My son got a black eye from hitting a pole at school playing

my son got a black eye from hitting a pole at school playing tag. Everything has cleared up well, but there is a small hard bump (about a quarter of an inch wide ) still present . it hurts only when you touch it. It is not on the eye, about 1/2 inch away from the bottom left corner. Should I be concerned?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

No. This is nothing to be concerned about. It is most likely from damage to the underlying tissue from the trauma, possibly a deep blood clot that was present. This hard, tender lump may take quite some time to resolve, but it does not require any treatment.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue