Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Dear Dr. Three days ago, I have eyelashes extension put on.

Customer Question
Dear Dr. Three days ago, I...
Dear Dr.
Three days ago, I have eyelashes extension put on. However, the lady actually poked my eye with one of her instrument. Now, the outer corner of my eye is red, itchy and I even noticed a small white dot (pimple like).
As per my pharmacist recommendation, who doesn't think it is an eye infection, I purchased medicated drops to use twice daily to help with the redness.
Please help?
Many thanks.
Cathy
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
5/6/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Dr. PG :

hi

Dr. PG :

welcome to just answer

Dr. PG :

kinly give some more information regarding your question-

Dr. PG :

what eye drops are you using?

Dr. PG :

any discharge from the affected eye?

Dr. PG :

Since you have gone offline ad would not be able to give further information, it seems that you might have developed a minor injury or an infection to the affected eye (from the available information)

Dr. PG :

Ideally, you need to be evaluated by an Ophthalmologist

Dr. PG :

but in the meantime, you ca try using lubricating eye drops like refresh tears/systane/genteal etc

Dr. PG :

these are available over the counter and need to be used frequently

Dr. PG :

at least 6-8 times in a day

Dr. PG :

these drops will help in the healing of an injury

Dr. PG :

also, you can use anti-inflammatory eye drops like naphcon/visine. These are again available over the counter

Dr. PG :

if there is no improvement with the above treatment, then you need to consult an Ophthalmologist for a first hand evaluation and need for antibiotic eye drops.

Dr. PG :

Regards

Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
I'm using Opcon-A, Eye Allergy Relief drops from Bausch & Lomb. I have no discharge, just redness.
thanks for the information
Continue Opcon-A eye drops 3-4 times a day. Also use the lubricating eye drops frequently. That should help in healing any injury. If no relief, then you would need to consult an Ophthalmologist.
Regards