Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have been given Fucithalmic for my sore eyes, which

Customer Question
Hi, I have been given Fucithalmic...
I have been given Fucithalmic for my sore eyes, which involves the lower eye lids and reddening of the sclera in both eyes, it has not fully cleared up yet, I have been using the product about two weeks. Recently I noticed in my right eye near the tear duct that the surface of the sclera seems to be crinkled and moves if I touch my eyelid there, it's like there is another very thin covering on the sclera? it look likes matter that needs to be cleaned away but it's actually the surface on the eye itself. I reached 62 in April. Could you advise me please as I find it very worrying.
Kind Regards, Christine.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/6/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

You are correct. That tissue is called conjunctiva and under that is another layer called tenons capsule, then the sclera, which is the wall of your eyeball.

Dr. Rick :

When your eye is irritated from various things, like allergies, infection etc, the conjunctiva can swell -- this is called chemosis -- and get the crinkles that you are seeing. This is nothing to be worried about.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD