Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

I have just been diagnosed with Fuchs dystrophy. Who is the…

I have just been diagnosed...
I have just been diagnosed with Fuchs dystrophy. Who is the best doctor to treat this problem in the Los Angeles area?
5/6/2011
Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
Dr. PG :

hi

Dr. PG :

welcome to just answer

Dr. PG :

kindly give some more information regarding your question-

Dr. PG :

- how much is the vision in both your eyes?

Dr. PG :

- what eye drops are you using?

Dr. PG :

- have you been advised any surgery?

Customer:

Hi doctor, my lady friend has just been diagnosed. She lives in Palm Springs but wants to get a second opinion. So far she has done nothing regarding treatment.

Dr. PG :

ok

Dr. PG :

any idea how compromised her vision is?

Dr. PG :

is she suffering from diabetes/hypertension etc?

Customer:

Her vision doesn't seem to be affected as yet.

Dr. PG :

ok

Customer:

She just went in for a periodic eye examination and the doctor picked up on the fuchs.

Customer:

She is not diabetic, maybe mild hypertension.

Dr. PG :

ok

Customer:

Will I be informed of a LA area doctor from whom she can get a second opinion?

Dr. PG
Dr. PG, Ophthalmologist
i am sorry I could not reply, my internet connection was not working properly. I will give you the required information just now.
Your friend basically needs to see a cornea psecialist. The various doctors and hospitals that she can consult are on the links below -
I hope this information helps
Regards