Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

RICK I HAD A CHECK UP THIS MORNING AGAIN WITH MY

HELLO DR RICK
I HAD A CHECK UP THIS MORNING AGAIN WITH MY OPTHALMOLOGIST AND HE SAYS THAT MY RETINA IS INTACT.
THE OBJECT MOVING IN MY EYE WAS A BUBBLE AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE MOVED TO THE SIDE OF MY EYE NOW.
HE REQUESTED I SEE HIM AGAIN IN A WEEKS TIME TO MONITOR THE PRESSURE AGAIN.
THE VISION SEEMS TO BE THE SAME AS YESTERDAY.
THE PROBLEM I AM ENCOUNTERING IS THAT WHEN I DRIVE AT THE MOMENT IS THAT I HAVE TO CLOSE MY ONE EYE,BECAUSE I HAVE A CONTACT LENSE IN THE LEFT EYE AND WHEN DRIVING I SEEM TO BE SEEING DOUBLE.
I STILL USE MY LEFT EYE WHEN DRIVING WHICH I PREFER.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF USING FUCITHALMIC OINTMENT.
HOW LONG WOULD IT NORMALLY TAKE TO DO THE CORNEAL GRAPH ON MY LEFT EYE IF I HAD DONE MY RIGHT EYE IN AUG 2010 & HAVE INSERTED A INTRA OCULAR LENSE NOW.
WOULD THERE BE ANY HARM IN CONTINUING TO USE THE THE CONTACT LENSE IN THE LEFT EYE IF MY CORNEA IS QUITE STEEP BUT I STILL GET GOOD VISION.
REGARDS
ASHRAFF
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The fucithalmic acid is to prevent infection so keep using that until your surgeon tells you not to.

Dr. Rick :

It should be OK to wear you contact lens.

Dr. Rick :

as to how long it would take to do the graft on your left eye, that is hard to tell. It depends on how things are progressing there etc. The best person to ask is your ophthalmologist for information/estimates on this issue.

Dr. Rick :

I'm very glad to hear how well you are doing :) Please keep me informed on your progresss. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 6 years ago.
o)