Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

For two days my right eye felt slight pain and light

Customer Question
sensitive. My Optometrist prescribed MURO...
For two days my right eye felt slight pain and light sensitive. My Optometrist prescribed MURO 128 to be used nightly. He said my eye was losing "cells"...I have a follow-up appointment this Friday after using this for four nights. Question: What causes this and should I be concerned about a more serious condition from "losing cells"?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
5/5/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Hello and thanks for your question. This condition is called Fuchs Dystrophy. It is an inherited problem with the cornea where the pumping cells of the cornea begin to malfunction causing water that naturally accumulates in the cornea to fail to be pumped out.
The concern with this problem is that as this progresses it can cause decreased vision, pain, and scarring in the cornea. If these symptoms happen, then a corneal transplant is necessary to ameliorate this.
Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?
I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.
If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.
Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!
My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.