Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Dear Doctor ; An eight years old boy fell from his bicycle…

Customer Question
Dear Doctor ; An eight years...
Dear Doctor ;
An eight years old boy fell from his bicycle on the ground two weeks ago. And he was wounded in his left eye, the medical diagnosis showed severe damage in retina.
Urgent retina treatment is required, even if surgery is needed, as soon as possible, because he still suffers pain and his condition is getting worse by the day.
So, please let us know what is the best retina treatment method and where to do it ,i.e the best clinics in Europe or Asia
,,, Please accept my sincere appreciation and respect
Alshehab
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
5/4/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 7 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Was the child's eye punctured? Has the child been seen by an ophthalmologist, and if so what treatment is he on right now? Can the child see out of that eye at the moment?

Dr. Rick :

Where are you located?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I see you were in the chat room for a second...

Dr. Rick :

Retina is my subspeciality

Customer:

yes,the child's eye was punctured,and seen by ophthalmologist. only eye drop

Dr. Rick :

Ok.

Customer:

he can't see with that eye,, my location is Kuwait

Dr. Rick :

And the retina is involved?

Dr. Rick :

ok.....let me check.

Dr. Rick :

Do you know what damage was done to his eye, what type of emergency surgery was done and the name of the drop he is now on.

Dr. Rick :

I can not find any retina docs in Kuwait. Can you travel out of the country? If so, is there a country that is easier for you to get to then another?

Customer:

we haven't do any surgery, the doctor said " I must open the eye to check the nerve, but I'm not sure the boy's eye will be ok"

Dr. Rick :

ok.....what drop is he on?

Customer:

I'm sorry I don't have the drop name right now

Customer:

yes, I can travel to the any clinic in asia or Europe

Dr. Rick :

Ok....no problem. It is obvious that your son needs care ASAP. Can you and him travel out of the country?

Dr. Rick :

Ok then. If you can get to London, Moorfields Eye hospital is one of the best in the world.

Customer:

OK, BUT WHAT IS THE DESTINATION?

Dr. Rick :

There is a branch in Dubai...that is closer then London.

Customer:

WHAT IS THE NAME & ADDRESS OF THE CLINIC ?

Customer:

I PHONED THEM YESTERDAY, THEY TOLD ME THAT THE RETINA DOCTOR IS CURRENTLY NOT IN THE HOSPITAL, AND WILL COME BACK WITHIN FEW DAYS

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Then here is the info for Moorfields, London.

Dr. Rick :

Moorfields Eye Hospital,***** London EC1V 2PD
Telephone:(###) ###-####3411
Fax:(###) ###-####4696

Dr. Rick :

King Fahad Hospital in Saudi Arabia is very good too, but I don't know if they treat patients from outside their country.

Customer:

DEAR DOCTOR,, DO YOU THINK THE BOY;S RETINA WILL BE OK , AND THE WILL SEE BY THAT EYE ?

Dr. Rick :

From what you have told me it is a very serious injury. I can not tell what the ophthalmologist has done or why he thinks the retina is involved, but it is obvious that he need more intensive specialty care. You are doing the right thing by finding the best care possible for the boy.

Dr. Rick :

I know the boy will get the best care in the world at Moorfields in London. There may be places closer to you then that, but I agree, if you can get there, just go instead of trying to find someplace closer that may not work in the long run.

Customer:

WE ALSO CARRIED OUT AN MRI FOR HIS EYE, AND I WILL GET THE RESULTS TOMORROW, SO CAN I SEND THE RESULT TO YOU ?

Dr. Rick :

If you can get the MRI on a disk, you might be able to upload it. It will, however, be a HUGE file and may exceed the limits of file sharing. That being said, I'd be happy to look at them for you.

Customer:

I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS IN TRAVELLING TO LONDON , IF YOU ADVISE ME TO GO THERE INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME SEARCHING FOR HOSPITALS ,, I TRUST YOUR RECOMMENDATION DR. RICK

Dr. Rick :

I would rather have an ocular ultrasound then an MRI. This would show better ocular details and can be done dynamically. The eye, of course, would have to be closed (and holes repaired and the eye

Dr. Rick :

'reinflated', before an ultrasound could be done.

Dr. Rick :

If I could take my child to Moorfields if he was injured in Kuwait, I would......so that is what I recommend.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

GREAT THANKS TO YOU DR.RICK & I APPRECIATE YOUR COOPERATION,,AGAIN THANKS VERY MUCH, AND GOOD BYE

Dr. Rick :

Best of luck to you. Please, if you have a chance, drop me a line and let me know how things turn out. Take care.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD