Eye

Ask an eye Doctor and get an answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Doctor told me that, my eyesight is .50 on the right and .75…

Customer Question
Doctor told me that, my...
Doctor told me that, my eyesight is .50 on the right and .75 on the left, I got spectacles but when I use them for driving for long time, I am getting head ache. do you know any reason for it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Eye
5/4/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 7 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Hello and thanks for your question. I think one of two things may be going on here. If you're only using them for long road trips and not any other time, it may be that you are not used to them and this intensive use of them at one time is a bit hard to handle without being accustomed to them.

Additionally, it may be that they are either too strong or not strong enough for your needs. If you are not having these headaches when you are driving for a long time without the glasses, then I suspect that the glasses are the problem. However, if you are having headaches when you drive for a long time, either with or without the glasses, then it is likely that the headaches are just caused by this activity.

It may be worth your while to have the glasses checked by your eye doctor to see if they are the correct prescription and also by the optician to make sure that they fit your face and eyes appropriately and that there are no errors made into the glasses.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Dr. Dan B.