Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My left eye sees everything very dark. A little pressure in

Customer Question
it. Everything is smaller out...
My left eye sees everything very dark. A little pressure in it. Everything is smaller out of my left eye than my right eye. A small amount of drainage. My eyes have been perfect all of my life. I just woke up one morning and and it was like this
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
5/2/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

When did this problem start?
Did you go to an optometrist or ophthalmologist?
When was the exam?
Were your eyes dilated?

Customer:

2 months ago,optometrist,2 months ago, no

Dr. James :

What was your optometrists diagnosis?

Customer:

I feel like a idiot. It just started again 5 days ago. I don,t remember the name

Dr. James :

why do you feel like an idiot?

Customer:

I should remember the name to somthing this important

Dr. James :

What is your visual acuity in that left eye? 20/20? 20/25, ect?

Customer:

Befor this happened both eyes were a little better than 20/20

Dr. James :

What is the acuity after this happened?

Customer:

Now the left can se about 20% of what it could I don't the acuity

Customer:

It did get back to 20/20 after the first time it happened but it is werse this time

Dr. James :

Did the optometrist say it was due to a cataract?

Customer:

No he but he did say stress caused it

Customer:

sorry for the messed up wrihting

Dr. James :

From your description, it sounds like your optometrist though it was a central serous retinopathy, or CSR.

Dr. James :

However, you eyes would need to be dilated to accurately diagnose this.

Dr. James :

A CSR is similar to a blister or fluid filled pocket in the back of the retina.

Customer:

What is that

Dr. James :

Often times, these will resolve on their own. In cases where it does not resolve or happens many times, then treatment is available to make it go away faster.

Dr. James :

You should be seen by an ophthalmologist and have your eyes dilated.

Customer:

He said my eye had swollen and the light would not reflect off of it in the right way

Customer:

Ok I will

Dr. James :

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Customer:

ok

Dr. James
Relist: Other.
I don't know if he saw the imformation I filled out or not because he did not respond to any of those symptoms. The responce he gave me leaves me not knowing if he took that into consideration in his answer. If not his diagnose could be tottly wrong. I am confused. But this could be my fault for not thinking at the time to ask him this. It all went kind of fast.
Hello.

I did look at your original question.

The sensation of everything being a little grayer, and smaller (micropsia) would be consistent with a CSR.

Drainage from the eye is not part of the CSR, but could be from eye irritation or eye strain.

Again, you'll need to have a dilated eye exam to confirm that you do indeed have a CSR.
Dr. James
Dr. James