Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have thick goop in my eyes causing me to have problems

Customer Question
seeing. The goop...
I have thick goop in my eyes causing me to have problems seeing. The goop seems to be very toxic and has both eyelids aggravated with sores on the eyelids.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
4/8/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Dr. James :

Hello.

Customer:

hello. hope you have an answer to my problem.

Customer:

the folds in both eyelids have become sores with little sores around it.

Dr. James :

Hello.

Dr. James :

Before we begin.

Please Note:
JustAnswer is a public forum. Information provided is for educational purposes & does not establish a patient-physician relationship nor substitute for a personal consultation with a physician.

Do you understand those terms?

Please type "yes" or "no".

Customer:

yes

Dr. James :

Thank you.

Dr. James :

Are you using any other eye drops?
When did this begin?
When did you last see an eye doctor?
Any other medical problems?

Customer:

I saw an eye doctor a few months ago and he said it was all allergy. He gave me tobramycin for a short term use and patanol for use as needed. This is the worst it has ever been. I do have other health problems. Have had breast cancer in the past two years with chemo and radiation.

Dr. James :

It appears you have a combination of allergies and severe dry eyes. I recommend you continue the allergy eye drops as well as artificial tears 4-6 times daily.

Dr. James :

The goop is not toxic. It is made in response to irritation, similar to mucous from your nose.

Dr. James :

I recommend you see your eye doctor as there may also be an infection which may require antibiotics.

Dr. James :

Continue the cool compresses.

Customer:

Thanks.

Dr. James :

You're welcome.

Please remember to press the accept button so I can receive credit for assisting you today.

Dr. James :

.

Dr. James
Dr. James
Dr. James