Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

My eye vibrates when I am talking and can sometime be

Customer Question
painfull, what does this mean?...
My eye vibrates when I am talking and can sometime be painfull, what does this mean?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/5/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist replied 6 years ago
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist

Hello and thanks for your question. I must say that your complaint is quite unique. I can't say I've heard that one before. Nevertheless, let's see if we can sort this out. Probably some of the most likely problems to be causing this are those that share an anatomic proximity with the eye or tissues around the eye (orbit). The sinus share a wall with the orbit and if there is inflammation in the sinuses, then talking (which causes a resonating through your sinuses) and the vibration in the sinuses that comes from it can cause a similar sensation in and around the eye. In addition, the throat and/or ears can also have inflammation and/or an infection which because of their anatomic proximity may similarly cause this type of reaction.

Alternatively, there may be inflammation only in and/around the eye itself. The eye might red, sensitive to light, tender or painful, might have tearing or discharge emanating from it or the vision may be affected if there is inflammation in or around the eye. If this is the case, I would seek the help of an ophthalmologist who can examine your eyes to determine if ocular inflammation is the cause of your symptoms.

If not, I would recommend starting with your primary care doctor who can examine everything else to determine if localized inflammation near the orbit is responsible for such a reaction.

Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense? Do you have any other concerns that I haven't addressed?

I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need.

If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.

Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!

My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B.