Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have just under my lower left eyelid slight swelling. It

Customer Question
looks like a new "bag"...
I have just under my lower left eyelid slight swelling. It looks like a new "bag" it shows more when I smile. It does not hurt at all and when I press it it looks like it disappears for a minute then comes back. It is also more obvious at various times of the day.
I went to the doctor who says it is ocular rosaecea but I don't feel any pain or anything in the eye itself! I have been using tobradex eye drops for a week but it has not gone away.
Could I have developed a bag under only one eye?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
4/6/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

first of all, tobradex eye drops are not the correct drug to use for the treatment of ocular rosaecea.

Dr. Rick :

What you are experiencing is, most likely, a slight breakdown of your orbital septum that is allowing a small amount of the normal fatty tissue that surrounds and cushions your eyeball to push forward. That is why you can "push it back" for a moment.

Dr. Rick :

The treatment for this condition is called a lower lid blepharoplasty. In this procedure the weak orbital septum is opened, the "pooching forward" fat tissue is removed, and the area sewn back together.

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you stop the antibiotic/steroid eye drops at his point and make an appointment to see an ophthalmologist for a complete eye exam and a review of your treatment options.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD