Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

Three years ago I had a retinal detachment in my right

Customer Question
eye..by the time I saw...
Three years ago I had a retinal detachment in my right eye..by the time I saw the
Ophthamologist It had torn across the macula. They went in to fix the damage the next day.
Because it was nerve damage I was told my sight in that Eye won>t get better.. It's
like a scare... I miss my normal sight and gets frustrating ... my depth perception is off .
Any advances in this medical field for nerve damage.. thx Frustrated Ed..
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
3/9/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

With good vision in only one eye your depth perception will be off. As you may have noticed, with time, you learn to use monocular clues to depth and get better at reaching out and picking that hot cup of coffee off the table.....

Dr. Rick :

Hi

Customer:

yes

Dr. Rick :

There is not anything yet to fix damage from a retinal detachment involving the macula or to repair optic nerve damage....sorry about that. Maybe in our Grandchildren's lifetime there will be something, but not anytime soon.

Customer:

ok.. thanks for your imput..

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

The best place to look for the latest and greatest info

Dr. Rick :

would be with the Retina department at Wills Eye Hospital. You can find them on the web

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
k
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD