Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I wear contact lenses for 16 hours a day and use the

Customer Question
computer for about 12 hours...
I wear contact lenses for 16 hours a day and use the computer for about 12 hours a day. I suffer from severe dry eye and lately I noticed a yellow ring around my iris and, also a light yellow spot (asymmetrical) on the white part of my right eye. Just concerned what this may be.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
3/5/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Can you take a picture of it? You can upload it here:

Customer:

ok let me take picture

Dr. Rick :

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

Go to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Dr. Rick :

I have to take my kids to see "the Adjustment bureau" but I'll be back after that, OK?

Customer:

ok

Customer:

http://i52.tinypic.com/oqj6g4.jpg

Customer:

http://i53.tinypic.com/3028m61.jpg

Customer:

sorry, i accidentally pressed "accept"

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Please reply when you get back.
Hi. I'm back. Don't worry about the early accept. I am available until you get the answers you need. Let me take a look at the pictures you posted...brb
Very good pictures. That is called a conjunctival nevi. It is not related to your dry eye, it is not a cancer and it isn't a problem at this point.
Could this esclate to something else? What can I do to make it better?
It can, in rare cases, be considered a pare-cancerous lesion. What should you do? Have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist at your convenience (there is no hurry) so she can document it with a picture and drawing. If it should change then you could decide, along with your doctor, if it should be excised.
Hi. There is nothing you can, or need to do, to change it. If you are concerned about how it looks for cosmetic reasons, it can be easily removed....although the surgery may leave a scar that is even less pleasing.
Here is a link to an article about nevi. The ones shown here are dark brown and yours is a light yellow.....the color can very.
http://eyecancer.com/Patient/Condition.aspx?nID=36&Category=Conjunctival+Tumors&Condition=Pigmented+Conjunctival+Tumors
Does this make sense to you? Do you have any other questions for me?
By the way, the movie "The Adjustment Bureau" is worth seeing....
Thank you! This has been really helpful! I will get it check out some time. You've put my mind at ease for now.

I will also go watch the "The Adjustment Bureau" some time. =)
It was my pleasure to help. Have a good weekend.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD