Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

What are the multiple, tiny, flesh-toned pimples that

What are the multiple, tiny, flesh-toned pimples that surround the skin around the eye?
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

can you take a picture of them so I can have a look? There are many ways to upload pictures to this site, but this one works well:

Dr. Rick :

Save your picture on your computer, someplace easy to find it such as your desktop.

Go to www.tinypic.com

Upload your picture to the site tinypic.com by browsing for it as directed.

Once you do that it gives you a bunch of links you can use, one of which says "direct link for layouts" It is important to use this box. It is the forth one down from the top of the page.

Copy the link inside this box and then paste it into your justanswer dialog box and send it to your expert.

Dr. Rick :

ok

Customer:

this is the link for ***** *****'s eye with the tiny pimples

Dr. Rick :

That is a very good picture. Those are called milia.

Dr. Rick :

They are very common and are caused when dead skin cells get caught in a "pocket" instead of normally sloughing off.

Dr. Rick :

They look like you could scrape them off, but they don't come off. Trying to remove them yourself can lead to scaring. I suggest that you see a dermatologist if they are bothering you.

Dr. Rick :

here is an excellent webpage that discusses this condition:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.skinsight.com/adult/milia.htm

Dr. Rick :

I see you are typing.....

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Nothing that you typed showed up on my screen.....

Dr. Rick :

I think the chat system has froze up.....I'll switch to Q&A and we can continue to "chat" there, although it is a little bit slower. Sorry about that.

I'm still here......Is there anything else I can add or has your question been answered?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Dr Rick! Thanx so much for the answer and the link. The pics look a lot like my husband's eye, but there is no fluid that we can discern, and no damage to the eye tissue either, so could this still be secondary millia.
it could be. A dermatologist is the place to go for the best treatment options.
I'm glad I could be of help. Have a great weekend :)