Eye

Ask an Eye Doctor and Get an Answer ASAP

Ask a Doctor,

Eye

I have been using Xalatan for 3 weeks and my IOP went from

Customer Question
24 to 19 in both...
I have been using Xalatan for 3 weeks and my IOP went from 24 to 19 in both eyes. My doctor said it is not good enough and wants the IOP to lower to 17. So, he is keeping me on Xalatan for another two months to see if it will lower the IOP to 17. I am hoping it will as I have no side effects from the drug. Does the IOP continue to decrease?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Eye
3/4/2011
Eye Doctor: Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD replied 6 years ago
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Xalatan is a great drug. One IOP reading really doesn't tell you what amount of pressure lowering you can expect from the drug.

Dr. Rick :

It is perfectly reasonable, since you have already experienced a 20% drop from your baseline IOP to wait another few months before adding a second medication

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Hi. I'm still here. Did what I say make sense? Is there anything else you would like to ask me?
I do not want to add another drug. I want this one to work. So, there is a possibility the IOP will go lower?
There is a good chance that you will be able to get more IOP reduction by your next visit.
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD